Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ahead of a New Year

S Satish

It is almost upto 365 days of 2009. When I look back, I feel I am lost somewhere away from track. It is a culture almost common to everyone to take up a resolution on Jan 1 and forget it on Jan 2nd. Most of them. But I would not dare generalise. I would rather give credit to the ones who take it up seriously and follow close to 100% perfection.

With X-Mas tomorrow and a 2010 in few more days I would wish to share with you a piece of thought that I normally share with my friends and others.
Everyone takes a resolution. Good to have a change. Agreed. But the moment you break the resolution, you fall in your eye short of the target. To make it more clear, you are not able to promise what you have said to yourself. That is quite bad.
When you are not able to fulfill a promise for someone you come up with a variety of reasons for not doing so. But what reason can you come up with on yourself. You know why? Thats self-assessment.

Now that you have a resolution on hand, try not to say it again and again. When you do so you create a pressure on yourself. One said Resolutions are meant to be breaken. But I strongly believe that they are the ones who mould us into better beings.

Suppose you resolute not to get up late in the mornings, you must bio-tune your body to get up early. That doesnt mean you dont sleep all through the night. Only strong and clear mind-set can change the attitude.

Believe me It is all in the mind. You can browse this article to get more insight on what committment means: http://iamsat.blogspot.com/2009/06/dinacharya.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good....