Monday, December 7, 2009

Yavarum Nalam - Hasty Thriller

Movie: Yavarum Nalam a k a 13B
Cast: Madhavan, Neetu Chandra, Saranya
Genre: Thriller

My Take: Thriller movies are always shot in dark and the lightings are always gloomy to shade out the aspect of amolition and evil. I think the real challenge is to shoot it in daylight with all the lightings and give a shot that potrays fear factor. To that factor 13B is quite a different attempt but not a real success. The movie to me was quite good but lacked clarity. Meaning the way the movie is set out gives me a feeling that the movie was shot in a hurried manner. Atlast I felt that there is something that was missing. But due credit to the Director and also the other technicians. Elements of humor at some places was quite good to the usual evil sounds and atmosphere. Overall I would still want some other Director to step in and give light to the aspect of a fear factor in a Thriller Film in a more intense way.

Finally: Good but could have been better.

No comments: