Thursday, January 7, 2010

Beliefs at 5pm

S Satish

At 5pm on Jan 3rd I believed that I would get inspired by a speech. At that hour I believed things would change in my life. Beliefs they either make you or break you was the topic that Mr. T T Rajan was about to talk. This was my 2nd attendance at the Alma Mater program.


RULE1: A belief held at the beginning of the journey defines the journey. What you believe you can do you will end up doing that. What you believe you can’t do end up doing nothing. For it is only the mind that makes the man himself.

RULE 2: Mind is called the factory of a man. It churns out different thoughts and ideas. What you think ultimately is what you become because the mind instructs your thoughts, actions, behavior, thereby your character. Your character strongly decides the position that you will hold in the society.

A beautiful story goes:

A guy was talking to his friend. He said that he was so happy though his father passed away few days before. His friend was unusual and asked why? He replied saying “About 1500 of them attended my father’s funeral. He is not a popular artist or character but he has done so many good things that the entire village came to pay their last respects”. I was so moved by the story. Simple but very strong to have a strong character.

RULE 3: We have say to ourselves that our failures are no more. It is time for us to leave behind the failures and start to the winning ways.

A beautiful story goes:

I had a distant friend or relative whatever of mine who is now working in IBM technologies. He failed his CA course 8 attempts i.e. nearly 4 years and ended up successful the ninth attempt only on the border line. He said to himself that enough of failures and went out to a great company holding one of the prestigious posts. The takeaway here is not that failures must be more. The mind must be tuned to avoid failures and work towards success.

RULE 4: Your past need not be the same as your future. Suppose you had been the School Topper in 12th Exams it is not necessary you will do the same in your university and the vice versa. You must day to yourself that my past has been bad and not my future. I would be one of the most ethical people leading a luxurious life. Only attitude and words always repeated becomes action. Your action defines your goal.

I really loved being at his session and wish could continue attending the journey of my belief.

No comments: